Saturday, July 10, 2021
10 AM - 4 PM
exact address forthcoming
In this workshop, students will learn the ins and outs of preparing a poetry book for submission. We’ll discuss putting a poetry collection together for the first time, including both instructors’ organization methods, as well as strategies for submitting the book, and for marketing it once it’s accepted. Each student will receive a packet of information designed to streamline the process, including a list of poetry book publishers.
Class size limited to 8.
Instructors Laura LeHew and Erica Goss have published eleven books between them. They are dedicated to helping students learn about the publishing process, and hope this class will clarify the steps needed to get a book ready for publication.
- Parking is plentiful but metered.
- The building has stairs; there is no elevator.
- Lunch is on your own, there are many places nearby.
- Workshop attendees must show proof of vaccination to enter the building.
- Workshop attendees must wear a mask when not in the workshop space.